Berkshire Leadership Program (BLP)
The Berkshire Leadership Program seeks to prepare, involve and sustain leaders from diverse backgrounds who are committed and competent to address community challenges and improve the quality of life in the Berkshires.
- The Berkshire Leadership Program kicks off each March with a mandatory two-day retreat, followed by day-long economic development bus tour and eight weekly, four-hour evening sessions that focus on specific topic areas. The program closes with a mandatory dinner and commencement event. Follow up project assignments and periodic get-togethers throughout the year are also planned.
- The retreat, facilitated by professionals, include aspects of leadership, problem solving techniques and networking. The Berkshire Leadership Program sessions are held at sites throughout the Berkshires and give participants the opportunity to interact with community leaders.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
- Demonstrated commitment to, and interest in, serving the Berkshires in a leadership role.
- Willingness to commit time and energy to completing the program.
- Resident of the Berkshires or ability to demonstrate significant current community involvement in the region.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Prepares you for community leadership by heightening awareness of key issues affecting the Berkshires.
- Enhances creative problem solving and team building skills.
- Offers interaction with prominent leaders who influence daily living in our community.
- Establishes a professional network, which is utilized well beyond the program.
WHERE OUR GRADUATES COME FROM
Graduates of the Berkshire Leadership Program represent a diverse cross section of organizations throughout the Berkshires. Over three hundred community-minded individuals, employed by large corporations, small non-profit organizations, cultural institutions, and everything in between, have participated in the program.
WHAT COMMUNITY LEADERS HAVE TO SAY
"The Berkshire Leadership Program is one of the most visionary collaborative programs in our community. Through its inspiring workshops with enthusiastic leaders from every industry sector, it spotlights the unique importance of culture and the arts to economic development in the Berkshires. This transformative program sculpts the personal growth and blossoming of the next generation of our community's emerging leaders."
- Laurie Norton Moffatt, Director & CEO, Norman Rockwell Museum
"As someone who has returned to the area after a time away, I am impressed with this program that fosters leaders to fulfill the needs of our community. The individuals from MCLA who have participated in the program have found it a unique experience that offers them the tools to engage in important service activities throughout Berkshire County."
- Dr. Mary K. Grant, President, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
"The Berkshire Leadership Program is an invaluable tool for those looking to step up and assume leadership roles in the community. At Legacy Banks we have found that these individuals are also better equipped to take on new challenges and additional responsibility in their jobs. We continually send employees through the program and are proud to support its efforts."
- Steven F. Pierce, Consumer Group Executive, Legacy Banks
"Berkshire Medical Center graduates of the Berkshire Leadership Program better understands the issues that face county residents, visitors and businesses by strengthening their connections to established and future business leaders. This gives them the resources and tools to better serve our community now and in the future."
- Ruth Blodgett, Senior VP for Systems Planning, Berkshire Health Systems